Dennis about where Dishui Lake (Dishuihu) is. That is the most beautiful lake in Shanghai – because 1) it is big, 2) There are very few people there – both are very hard to find in Shanghai.
Here is how to get there.
By driving, it is very straight forward.
1) No matter where you are (I mean within outer ring), get to the nearest A20 first – the outer ring road.
2) Turn to A2 (Shanghai-Donghai Bridge). The intersection of A2 and A20 is at the south-east corner of A20. A20 is actually not a perfect circle – there is a almost 90 degree corner at southeast. It is also the intersection of A1.
If you want to view the satellite map, here you are:
As you can see from the big interchange on the map:
To the west, is A20, Xupu Bridge Direction.
To the north, is A20, Outer Ring Tunnel Direction
To the east, is A1, to Pudong Airport
To the south, is A2, to Donghai Bridge
OK. Then turn A2, and prepare to run for about half an hour.
3) Take the final exit (where A2 ends), and there is a Dishuihu Logo and Direction board.
4) Turn left (heading directly to east), and keep going (don’t turn left, and turn right. When the road ends, you see the lake.
There are not many buses to Dishuihu. This route MAY work – I didn’t try it yet, and let us know when you do try it yourself.
1) Take Long-Lu Line 龙芦专线 at the Long Yang Road Station (Metro Line #2).
2) When you arrive at the terminal station at Donghai Bridge (before the bridge), take a motor cycle (notice: it is illegal for them to operate but it seems the only way to do it), to Dishuihu. Price on the Internet was 5 RMB for the trip.
If you take motorcycle from Ningbo (like Denis), first find road to Donghai Bridge – you won’t miss it on the map, and then the lake is just 5 minutes drive away.
Hope you are able to visit the lake before too many people know it.