Today marks the completion of my 7 years of blogging, and this entry is the first one in my eight years since I started blog on Sept 11, 2002. In the last 2557 days, I wrote 2498 entries on this blog, leaving just 59 days blank.
There is nothing to celebrate, since I am in the worst mood after Yifan was hurt yesterday. Obviously compared to the pain of the families of 911 victims, it is nothing, and every time I mark anniversary of my blog, I should have showed respect to the people who lost their loved ones in that disaster.
What happened to me in the last 7 years?
- I turned myself from an engineer in Microsoft to an entry level entrepreneur.
- Wendy and I got married and lived happily together since then.
- Yifan joined us – what a great addition to the family (sorry, Yifan. I should not have allowed you to be hurt).
- I traveled a lot – and recorded most of my travel on this little blog.
- I thought a lot about the future of China, and I complained a lot, I suggested a lot, and I recorded a lot about this country.
- I saw the change happened in Shanghai. I recorded many of the positive changes, and also noted the bad side from time to time.
- I experienced SARS, H1N1, and other types of spread out of the diseases.
- I completed many projects in the last few years in Microsoft when I have both the energy/idea and time to do it.
- I met many new friends in the last few years, and that newly defined the boundary of my world.
- I chased many things that is interesting to me, and learnt new things all the time.
- I grew from 25 years old to 32 years old.
- I witnessed the fall of Internet and the booming
- I recorded my happiness, my exciting journey, my milestones in business and family, and sadness, frustration, and confusion.
I am actually not in the mood to write a lengthy post, but as a tradition, I think I should write something on anniversary of blogging.