The alarm level of Shanghai is raising to the newest level.
From yesterday (May 11, 2003), all taxi drivers are required to wear masks. I noticed this at the morning. The taxi driver told us that they will be fined if not wearing masks.
No outside cars – residential garden
From today, the residential garden I live have post the notice that no cars from outside garden are permitted to enter the residential area. It includes taxis.
The building I was working in has lined up a 10 meters long table at the lobby. Three ladies were sitting at the table. Anyone entering the building will be required to wear their employee card with pictures. Others will have their temperature taken at the tables.
There is a strictly seperation in Shanghai Jiao Tong university. Every student have two options: on campus or off campus. If you choose on campus, you cannot step out of the gate of the campus. If you choosed off campus, you can enter the campus and attend classes, but cannot enter the dorm and library. The status cannot be changed if you have made the decision, which means if you choosed off campus, you cannot return to the dorm again.
How local medicial workers handle suspected SARS cases
Here is a group of picture about the whole course of the suspected SARS cases in bus. Since the site is in Chinese, let me explain the pictures.
- A lot of people is gathering around the bus
- An old lady got off.
- The inspector checked the medicine the lady took.
- Keep checking..
- Keep checking..
- The old lady complained about the guy who called 110 (the police hotline) when she kept coughing in the bus.
- The lady was required to take the Shanghai First Aid car and will be sent to hosipital for check.
- Finally, the whole bus of peopel followed the policy to check for SARS.
Thanks Kevin11 to take the pictures and share it.