Hey, Hey, Shanghai is snowing…
Incrediable! Wowo. It is snowing in Shanghai!
Photograph by Eric
Photograph by Eric
Photograph by Jian Shuo Wang
In my memory, the last time it snowed is 1996. I was a Junior in Shanghai Jiaotong University. In the past 8 years, it didn’t snow. So you know why everybody rushed to the window side excitedly when we became aware of the snow outside. Yep. I hope it can snow longer and see the now covered Shanghai – I never saw such scene in Shanghai.
It stopped snowing at around 4:00 PM. In downtown (Xujiahui), I cannot see any place covered by snow yet.
Snowing Video 760 kb
More Observation of the Snow
The snow this noon is breaking news for people in Shanghai since it is so rare at the latitude of 31N. Bloggers are exicted about the snow and recorded it passionately.
- Billy Qiu is one of them. His entry BRAVO! Snowing In Shanghai Today (Cool Pics + Video by Billy) contains fantastic pictures of the moment and one minute 10 seconds video clip. You must check out those pictures. It seems it snows more heavily in his area than in Xujiahui – maybe the point I took the picture is too high (23rd floor of Metro Tower)
- Isaac‘s description is short but quick: Snow – Shanghai, heavy snow (Chinese site). :-D
- phycat recorded her conversation with her hubby in Shanghai. (Chinese site)
- qianzi said car accident happened at the entrance of the Yan An East Road Tunnel. (Chinese site)
- sunadm reported the snow in Hangzhou. (Chinese site)
- rainlee reported the snow in Suzhou. (Chinese site)
- Shmily recorded the snow in Beijing yesterday. It is so normal for Beijing to snow, but not Hangzhou, Suzhou and Shanghai. (Chinese site)
This should be the first time for so many blogger to observe the same weather event from different cities. These reports draw a vivid picture of the snow, but they are much better than the weather forecast program….