Democracy is a sensitive word. You can not search it in Google, and you can not include it in your blog in MSN Space. However, recently, the residential area is experiencing the democratic election of the member of the Residential Area Property Owners’ Committee.
Banner: Appreciate the Democracy Right!
The whole banner reads:
Appreciate the Democracy Right! Actively participate in the selection of Residential Area Property Owners’ Committee Member!
These banners are seen many places. They are there for more than a month, I remember.
After first round of selection, there are 12 candidates in the final selection. Their self-introduction and pictures are posted at the board at the entrance.
The conflict between property owners’ (including me) and the property management company exists for a long time. The house owners complain that the service company didn’t provide good service, and the monthly fee is too high. It is a long story. Many owners want to select members representing their interest.
It is interesting that one week before the final election, small posters stating 3 candidate didn’t pay the management fee for the last one or two years were posted in many places. The poster suggest people not to vote these candidates.
I guess it may be done by the management company.
The voting will end tomorrow. Boxes collecting tickets are places at all the entrance.
Tomorrow, the first “All-Hands Meeting” will be held.
According to law, after a residential area is built, the house owners will setup their Owner’s Committee. All rights regarding the property belongs to the committee. One of the most important right is to choose a property management company.
It is a starting point of using voting to make decisions. I truly hope the process goes on well in my residential area.
Very good, Jianshuo !
It has to begin somewhere !
Same here where I live, the management charges a lot, but mostly keep thier efforts on the common garden care, and to be bully to the cars inside.
The cable TV signals are lousy, even the fee is skyhigh.
Amazing that nobody haven’t posted anything on this… :-)
The mices must be hiding in their holes.
Maybe the d…….. word scared them off ?
Sounds like fun. Why didn’t you run for a seat on the committe?
To designate a chairperson for and on behalf of the owners’ association thru electoral voting is not an act of decmocracy. Someone is mixing the the corporation and country together!
it was a bit long story and will be a long story as well.
decmocracy stayed far away from Chinese for a bit long time. It is sort of hard to play with it in a short timeframe. Now in China most of people come along with ” no sense in a group”.
>>Boxes collecting tickets are places at all the entrance<<
Is the privacy of the vote respected ?
If yes, How do they manage that people vote only once?
That is important question
You can not search Google for it.
Is China really better than America?
Anyone who wants to make money in China has to surrender to the political power of the Chinese Communist Party. Investing in China may be profitable, but when problems arise, you have no recourse.
What is even more disgraceful is that for financial gains, a few overseas countries and corporations investing in China have sold their souls by exchanging human rights for business opportunities in China. They have tacitly acquiesced to and have extended the CCP’s crimes. American technology should be used to crack open, not cement, the authority of the Communist party.
The American economy has become as dependent on import of Chinese products as it has on Saudi oil. As with Saudi oil, it only makes sense to see that near exclusive dependence on import of Chinese products (no matter how cheap), is not a healthy habit, and that America should in both cases start looking for alternate sources for such products. And it further makes sense to ensure that such sources should, as far as possible, not originate from, and not financially benefit, countries that are openly or furtively working to undermine democracy and open society.
Clearly, the all-pervading aim of the Chinese regime is not the conversion of the PRC into a pluralistic political system with a free market economy modeled after, and integrated with, Western institutions. Rather, its purpose is to perpetuate the Communist Party’s rule. For this it needs nationalism and the army; all else is subordinated to the furthering of those indispensable instruments of state power.
Western states, are betraying their conscience and fundamental human values in their pursuit of their economic interests. Just ask yourself what difference does it make if older Communist Party authoritarians are replaced by younger, technically trained or even capitalist authoritarians?
What many reports failed to point out was that nearly all the leading financial, business and industrial figures in China were invariably the close relatives, sons, daughters, nephews, wives, etc., of China’s highest-ranking Communist Party officials.
There is a solution here, start caring about how you invest your resources, your economy and beliefs… The “Free World” only need to work together by boycotting the Communist Party. This method doesn’t provide them with technologies, capital investments and or support while at the same time, prevents the use of military action. The Communist Party would have never been in power to begin without the support from Russia. Even now Russia sells major weapons to their “People’s Liberation Army” and so forth. This isn’t the place here to discuss in details all the facts. I just want to point out the importance how every American company should be FIRST investing in it’s own backyard before supporting corrupt evil regimes for the sake of profits! Maybe that is where “Capitalism” fails?
For example, for each purchase that you make, you are funding, promoting or endorsing:
> the suppression of democracy and freedom
> wholesale and indiscriminate use of the death penalty
> commercial harvesting of transplant organs of executed prisoners
> denial of basic rights to Chinese workers and farmers
> nationwide forced abortions and sterilizations
> sweeping and brutal repression of all religions
> criminal psychiatric abuse of political prisoners
> routine torture of prisoners
> military occupation and genocide in Tibet
> draconian repression in East Turkestan
> military expansion and aggression
> world’s tightest Internet censorship (and)
> the largest dealer of “Weapons of Mass Destruction” to rogue states
When you fail to demonstrate adequate concern for the freedom of others, you embolden and empower those who want to take yours away.
A good society depends on the free availability of facts and opinions, and on the growth of vision and consciousness – the description of what individuals have actually seen and known and felt. Any restriction of the freedom of individual contribution is actually a restriction of the resources of society.
I was introduced to your blog by my friend.
the following just is a bird view of what i have in mind after roughly going through your blog.
firstly i really am appreciateful for your sticking with english blogging, excellence is the result of habitual behavior, you really set a good examply in person and embed this lasting motto.
secondly, you really desearve our compliments for what you have offered and will provide in almost every aspect of life in shanghai, so i personally hold you in high respect for your social well-being!
thirdly, i myself is have a crush for english, i like the way english is writen and sung, and make up my mind to compose english blog right away, your master of writen english really do encourage me to flesh my passion with some kind of pratical actions such as uploading english blog, thanks again for your examplary effect!
at last, i am sorry but to say that all that missing regarding the content of your blog, in particular the comments ,is your constructive response to those topcis that really hurt our the sentiment of Chinese people, let alone the overwhelmingly positive contribution our communist party have always been making for our nation, i hope i get it right here, that whenever it comes to such political or sensitive topics, you just seem to hide yourself from shedding your insight, perhaps it is because those above topics are too complicated and political to be addressed just by responding to the comments-related, but i sincerely hope that you can at least set aside from your tight daily schedule to defend our nation in your own way !
I hope this information could be useful,and if anyone could help shed light I would be greatful .
I’am a victim of psychiatric abuse its a crime, and in hospital I have witnessed the twisted mentality of mental health professionals such as abuse like punishing me with force drugging of antipsychotics , chemical restraints ,isolation for days at a time with in appropriate meals, and nursing staff threating me with anything they thought of and it just depends on how mad you got the staff that day. I never did anything out of control or did I get violent,yet I was just standing up for patients rights and making my argued opinions in result I would get tortured with over dosing of forced antipsychotic drugs. I have even witnessed nursing staff murder a co-patient and it was sickening,frustrating and very sad part of my life. I also have a young friend who got an E.C.T done and it has completly fried his memory. after the reinforcement of drugs I have had tremors symtoms of N.M.S head pains, heart cardiac pains,weight gain ,dizzyness and sleepiness all caused by side affects of antipsychotic drugs. I suffer each day with the symptoms and I don’t think I will live that long on psychiatric medication its deadly look at the statistics if anyone can help me with this prosectution I would appreciate all the help I can get please I can name a few people who were responsible for the murders of some people:
Dr. David Cochrane (psychiatrist)
R.N: Mark Samuel ,R.P.N: Sandy ,Robb
All this took place at the Northeast Mental Health Center abbreviated N.E.M.H.C use to be called the north bay psychiatric hospital
P.O. Box 3010 4700
Highway 11 N
North Bay, ON,CA
25 GOOD REASONS WHY PSYCHIATRY MUST BE ABOLISHED
by Don Weitz
1. Because psychiatrists frequently cause harm, permanent disabilities, death – death of the body-mind-spirit.
2. Because psychiatrists frequently violate the Hippocratic Oath which orders all physicians “First Do No Harm.”
3. Because psychiatrists patronize and disempower people, especially their patients.
4. Because psychiatry is not a medical science.
5. Because psychiatry is quackery, a pseudo-science which lacks independent diagnostic tests, testable hypotheses, and cures for “schizophrenia” and all other types of alleged “mental illness” or “mental disorder”.
6. Because psychiatrists can not accurately and reliably predict dangerousness, violence, or any other type of human behaviour, yet make such claims as “expert witnesses”, and with the media promote the “dangerous mental patient” myth/stereotype.
7. Because psychiatrists have caused a worldwide epidemic of brain damage by promoting and prescribing brain-disabling treatments such as the neuroleptics, antidepressants, electroconvulsive brainwashing (electroshock), and psychosurgery (lobotomy).
8. Because psychiatrists manufacture hundreds of “mental disorders” classified in its bible called “Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders” (a modern witch-hunting manual); such “mental disorders” and “symptoms” are in fact negative, class-and-culturally-biased moral judgments for dissident ways of coping with personal problems and alternative ways of perceiving, interpreting or being in the world.
9. Because psychiatrists, blinded by their medical model bias, fraudulently pathologize and label people’s serious life or existential crises as “symptoms” of “mental illness” or “mental disorder” such as “schizophrenia”,”bipolar affective disorder”, and “personality disorder”.
10. Because psychiatrists compound this fraud by falsely claiming, without scientific proof, that these “mental disorders” are caused by a “biochemical imbalance” in the brain, genetic factors or “genetic predispositions”, despite the fact that there are no genetic factors in “mental illness”.
11. Because psychiatrists frequently misinform their patients, families and the public by claiming that brain-disabling procedures such as the neurotoxins (e.g.,”antipsychotic medication” and “antidepressasnts”), electroconvulsive brainwashing (electroconvulsive therapy/”ECT”), psychosurgery (lobotomy) and other behaviour modification-mind control procedures are “safe, effective and lifesaving”. The exact opposite is tragically true.
12. Because psychiatrists routinely deceive or lie to patients, prisoners, their families, and the public.
13. Because psychiatrists routinely and willfully violate the medical-ethical principle of “informed consent” by misinforming or not informing their patients about the numerous toxic, disabling and frequently permanent effects of the neuroleptics such as memory loss, tardive dyskinesia, tardive psychosis, parkinsonism, dementia (all signs of brain damage), and death.
14. Because psychiatrists routinely threaten, intimidate or coerce many patients – particularly women, children, the elderly, and prisoners – into consenting to health-threatening/brain-damaging “treatment” such as the antidepressants, neuroleptics, electroconvulsive brainwashing, and hi-risk experiments.
15. Because psychiatrists frequently fail to fully inform psychiatric inmates and prisoners about existing safe and humane, non-medical alternatives in the community such as survivor-controlled crisis centres, drop-ins, self-help or advocacy groups, diet, massage, wholistic medicine, affordable supportive housing, and jobs.
16. Because psychiatrists are sexist in frequently stereotyping women in crisis as “hysterical” or “over-emotional”, blaming women whenever they voice real complaints and assertively express their feelings and emotions, prescribing massive doses of tranquilizers and antidrepressants to disproportionately large numbers of women, and in sexually assaulting women in their offices and institutions.
17. Because psychiatrists, particularly white male psychiatrists, are homophobic – the American Psychiatric Association (APA) once labelled homosexuality as a “mental illness” or “mental disorder” – and have used forced electroshock on lesbians, trying to coerce them into adopting a heterosexual life style.
18. Because psychiatrists are ageist in prescribing tranquilizers, antidepressants (“medication”) and electroconvulsive brainwashing for disproportionately large numbers of elderly people – a form of elder abuse.
19. Because psychiatrists are racist in disproportionately incarcerating and drugging people of African descent, aboringal people, other people of colour and labelling them “psychotic” or “schizophrenic”.
20. Because psychiatrists routinely violate people’s civil rights, human rights and constitutional rights such as imprisoning innocent people without court trial or public hearing (“involuntary commitment”), and subjecting them to cruel and unusual punishments or tortures such as forced drugging, electroconvulsive brainwashing, psychosurgery, solitary confinement, “chemical restraints”, and 4-point or 5-point restraints.
21. Because psychiatrists masterminded the mass murder of hundreds of thousands of vulnerable people including disabled children, the elderly and psychiatric patients during The Holocaust in Nazi Germany, and “selected” hundreds of thousands of concentration camp prisoners for death (“T-4 euthanasia” program) – historical facts still missing in psychiatric textbooks and histories.
22. Because psychiatrists have willingly participated in and administered mind-control experiments in the United States and Canada since the early 1950s – its chief targets have been poor patients, women, dissidents and prisoners.
23. Because psychiatry, particularly institutional-biological psychiatry, is based on the 3 Fs: Fear, Fraud,and Force.
24. Because psychiatry is a form of social control or punishment – not treatment.
25. Because psychiatry, particularly institutional-biological psychiatry, is fascist – a direct threat to democracy, human rights and life.
Dr. David Cochrane. I was molested by DR.DAVID COCHRANE . I’am 13 years old and when this happened he told me he was giving me therapy , well let me tell you he did all kinds of sexual things to me ,and told me that it was okay cause he was the doctor and does this stuff all the time .it hurts my feelings i told my parents Dr.David Cochrane molested me, but they dont’t believe me .I didn’t know that he also works at north east mental health center in north bay, ontario and is a psychiatrist . Canada,ON,North Bay
http://www.cchreus.org and click on fraudulent marketing
When school authorities tell a mother that her son is sick and needs to be on drugs ,how in the world is she to know that ,that is simply a lie . How is she to recognize that what experts now call “SCHIZOPHRENIA” is simply not a disease now,such a mother is not an expert in the history of psychiatry,she does not know that psychiatrist have for hundreds of years used diagnostic terms,so called diagnostic terms,to stigmatize and control people I will only give you a few aromatic examples when BLACK SLAVES in the south ran away to freedom, it wasn’t that they wanted to be free they suffered from a disease called dropetomania from drapetes run away slave,and mania I’AM NOT MAKING THIS UP ! . This was a a legitmate diagnosis just like SCHIZOPHRENIA woman half the population of mankind,of course, if they were foolish enough to rebel against domination by man well then they had a serious disease called HYSTERIA , which was due to their wandering womb.now none of those behaviors was ever a disease and, of course, is not a disease nor is SCHIZOPHRENIA disorder a desease no behavior or misbehavior is a disease or can be a disease. that’s not what diseases are so it doesn’t matter how child behaves . there is nothing to examine . if he is sick then there must be some objective science to it . which can be diagnosed by physicians and objective test . that’s why as soon as you go to a doctor they take a lot of blood and take x-rays. they don’t want to hear how you behave. when I went to medical school sixty years ago there were only a handful of mental diseases . I think there were no more than six or seven . now there are more than three hundred .And now ones are quote,” discovered”every day . labeling a child as mentally ill is stigmatization,not diagnosis. giving a child a psychiatric drug is poisoning ,not treatment .Diseases are malfunction of the human body ,of the heart , the liver the kidney,the heart, the liver the kidney,the brain and so forth . typhoid fever is a disease, you all know that , you don’t question that spring fever all you have to know is English . Spring fever is not a disease. the task we get ourselves, to combat psychiatric coercison is important. I think it’s important you all think it’s important not enough people think it’s important , it’s a noble task, a task in the pursuit of which we must , regardless of obstacles, persevere, our conscience commands that we do no less.
Mark Samuel, Nurse Sex Offender Convicted
On Sept 8,2005 RN:Mark Samuel was sentenced to five years in Jail with all but two years suspended,having been convicted in January 2004 of unlawful sexual contact with a 6 year-old girl . Mark Samuel counseled the girls mother. when the counseling ended , the three became friends attending family fuctions together. The violations occurred during sleepovers at the Nurses residence during the summer of 2003. Mark Samuel has been released from prison and is now at risk to the community of North Bay Ontario Mark Samuel emyployed 2007 for Assertive community treatment Team North Bay, ON
Northeast Mental Health Center
P.O. Box 3010 4700
Highway 11 N
North Bay, ON,CA
Power to the resident!!!