This is a pretty dumb statement. Everyone knows it. Everyone says it. Every textbook have it. Every leadership session talks about it. Every…..
But common sense is not common, and some times it does not make sense. (Jian Shuo Wang’s invented the second part of this phrase).
I sat down with Quanzhan this noon to afternoon to talk about the talent. It is not surprising for a research organization of Tencent, talents are the No. 1 priority. The selection standard, the talent, and the retention are something that makes a great workplace and a winning business.
Recently I spend well more than half my time on talent recruiting, and to get wisdom from people who are good at it. That is the No. 1 job of a CEO.
BTW, does any of my blog readers know anyone, or you think yourself is someone we are looking for, please let me know by sending me email to wangjianshuo at baixing.com. We are looking for people in the following area (most of the jobs are in technical field, with some other roles).
- Anti-fraud. How to fight again fraudsters on a classified site.
- Search. The in-site search, and the organization of hundreds of millions of posts generated by our users.
- Platform. The way to structure the site in a way to allow internal and external developers to be more productive.
- Payment and monetization products.
- Marketing and industry experts in one of our main categories.
If you have a feeling that you may be the right person, but not sure, just sent a note to hr at baixing.com. Feel free to put me on the CC line to make sure I read it.