Yifan, Wendy, and I am back from our 5-day trip in Luoyang. Time flies, and we would only hope to stay at home longer. My two elder brothers, sister-in-laws, and other 3 little children get together with Yifan. It is a big family with 12 members. Imagine how fortunate we are. Even we have broadband Internet at home, I still didn’t put any time into blogging – maybe the longest blogging pause in the recent months, but it worth it, doesn’t it?
Some quick notes about the travel (only the travel part, not the family part yet).
- Zhengzhou Airport is the hub airport with extremely good high-way infrustructure connected to other cities in Henan.
- The Highways in Henan (thus I guess for the whole China) is very well. We saw G4, G5, G30, and many S-type of road. (It is just like I-5, I-95, or CA-17). The roads are very like in US – I mean California already.
- Luoyang didn’t change too much, except real estate development. There are high-raising residential buildings everywhere.
- Food and restaurants are still a highlight for the city (comparable to Shanghai), but the street view, and other consumption is still far behind.
- Luoyang is so warm inside any building, and it is a much better place to stay in winters.
- Several days without Internet and only social activities seem much better than days with all-day Internet access and surfing, or other computer based work.
I may write more about the trip in the next few days.
no photo, no talk!
Shouldn’t be surprising that the highways in China resemble the America’s. China copied the American interstate highway system.
Not a bad idea, something we should do more often.