At the beginning of a new year, I want to take some time to summarize my 2007.
- Most memorable experience – Yifan was born on June 2, 2007. This is a big life changer.
- Relaxing trip: the only long distance relaxing trip was to Cambodia, at the beginning of March
- Trip I almost forgot: Only by checking my blog did I remember that I had made a Hong Kong trip. It was too short – just over night.
- Kijiji finally starts to make some money, and this was remarkable for the team. I am also happy with the high-speed increase of the market and the business.
- Wendy spent huge amount of time with Yifan and took care of the baby very well. I’d like to thank her for taking so much responsibility for the family.
- The success heart surgery of my mother-in-law is a big blessing for the family.
- Being selected as one of the Fellow in the Young Leaders Forum was the most exciting honor I got in this year. Meeting the great people is also the most interesting thing in this year.
- The big organizational and cultural challenge in Kijiji in July was such a good thing for the team to build immune into the system and strengthen trust. We are much stronger.
- Met with many top guys in technical field in Silicon Valley during my only US trip in September.
- Yifan grows so happily and healthily. He is like the strawberry on the cake of our family. At the year end, he is coughing, and we spent last night/first morning of 2007/2008 taking care of Yifan. Although it is normal for kids of 6-7 months, we are really worried.
I am looking forward to a great 2008.
- More inspiration. I am typical Intuition type of people, and I need continuous inspiration to keep me excited. In 2008, the inspiration may comes from people I meet, from new business we enter, or travel, or simply from Yifan, and Wendy.
- Continue to Observe the Changing China. 2008 is a year most people in China were longing for since 2001. With Olympics Games in Beijing, there must be many changes happening throughout the country. I may also shift a little bit to Beijing to cover more about the game.
- Breakthrough in Kijiji. After 3 years of preparation, the next year is a great year for breakthrough. I am expecting a significant year for the business in 2008.
- More time with Yifan. In 2008, Yifan will turn 1 year old, and it is the starting point for us to explorer the world together. We are expecting our first family travel.
- More conscious of my life. I am expecting to bring more consciousness into my life, and build an even better "me" inside myself.
Welcome to 2008!