Finally, I returned to my home in Shanghai. The excitement and expection for a long journey I have when I started in Dec 6 lasted for two weeks and gradually turned into homesick day by day afterward and became tireness mixed with excitement at last. I am happy to return to the starting point of the journey (which is also the ending point), companied with great stories, sweet memories and interesting pictures.
It is 7:39 PM in Shanghai while the time in my clock in the digital camera and also in my brain is still 6:39 AM in New York. There is a huge jump in time again. I may need to go to bed immediately after 2 hours flight from New York to Chicago and 14 hours from Chicago to Shanghai – I suspect 14 hours are approaching the longest journey on this planet. I believe when I wake up tomorrow morning, the jet lag should disappear and I can start to writing something in details about the journey.
There are something more important than to go to bed. I have to give my big “Thank You” to the following persons who made my trip possible.
- My brother Jian Zhao and Jian Sheng who helped me to plan the trip and contacted their friends;
- Robet in Seattle to arrange the meetup
- Eric and James who gave me a ride from Redmond to Seattle
- Irfan and Andy who picked me up in Chicago and hosted me;
- Mr. Gong and Guo Hua who helped me on the first part of my stay in New York
- Ngai’s family who hosted me in New York City