Welcome! I guess you have read at least one article of my blog before you arrived here. If you want to know more about the person behind these sentences, keep reading.
About Jian Shuo Wang
I am Jian Shuo WANG. WANG is the last name (or the family name) and Jian Shuo is the first name (or the given name). I am living in Shanghai, China. I am not alone in this city. There are more than 20 million other persons with me in this small area in Eastern Hemisphere. My time is 8 hours earlier than GMT (GMT +8), 1 hour later than Japan and 16 hours earlier than San Francisco.
About this Site
I am the author of Wangjianshuo’s blog. If you don’t know yet, blog means weblog or daily updated web pages. It is very popular nowadays. I started the blog in September 2002 and kept writing one article everyday. Now, there are 800+ articles in the previous 800+ days. (Update January 24, 2006: now over 999 entries). This site was voted as Top 10 China Blogs in 2003 and was mentioned by Business Week, MSNBC, UK Telegraph, Slashdot, Salon, China Radio International. According to the server log, there are 15,000 page views everyday andn visitors came from 109 countries. It served 51G of data in Sept 2004 alone. (Update January 24, 2006: now it has 2 million page view per month.) It is well known as a frequently updated website with personal perspective and practical information about Shanghai and China.
That is all. If you are in a rush, you can leave this page now and get back to the content of this site, or leave for another site. If you are not, I appreciate your time to continue reading.
I am 28 years old – some readers were surprised that I was too old while most were surprised that I was so young. Now I enjoy being the head of Kijiji, an eBay company, in China. Before current position, I was with Microsoft for six years. I tried seven different roles in Microsoft, including Support Engineer, Project Manager, Business Development Manager (OMG, I found a name card with time title that I almost forgot), Trainer, Team Lead, Channel Manager for Microsoft JV, and Consultant. I mostly enjoyed the work with combined experience of technology and business, project management and people management.
Another thing I am so proud of is my wife Wendy. We got married last year after dating for 7 years. She is lovely, smart and sweet. She also runs a blog but does not update it as frequently as I do. It is the most interesting book I can find in this world. She is a project manager of Microsoft.
I am not native resident of Shanghai. I was born in Luoyang, Henan Province and moved to Shanghai in 1995. I could not get used to the city in the first two years but hopelessly fell in love with the city.
Jian Shuo Wang is…
- Jian Shuo Wang is the owner of this website.
- Wang is the last name (family name), and Jian Shuo is the given name. A space between “Jian” and “Shuo” is preferred, although it is not required.
- Jian Shuo lives in Shanghai, China.
- English is not his native language. He has never lived outside China and has never attended private English classes.
- Jian Shuo majored in automation at Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
- Jian Shuo enjoys pure geek happiness.
- Jian Shuo owns a site that is now the 11,000th busiest site in the world, according to Alexa.
- Jian Shuo’s site has been mentioned by MSNBC, Telegraph.co.uk, and Slashdot. His voice was featured on hundreds of radio stations in the US.
- Jian Shuo can drive stick shift and has a driver’s license in the People’s Republic of China
- Jian Shuo will be happy if you link to his site or post a comment on this site.
- Jian Shuo can solve Rubik’s Cubes in four minutes.
- He can recite 85 digits of pi after the decemal.
- Jian Shuo has a wonderful wife Wendy.
- Jian Shuo Wang also writes Chinese blog