In the current world with most applications like iPhone contact manager, and Gmail contact designed around English names, it is a little bit challenging for Chinese users. Here are my tips:
1. Design a consistent naming system for yourself. Here is mine.
2. Whenever someone has a Chinese name, record it in contact manager using the correct Chinese name.
3. Always input Chinese name as a whole into the Last Name section. It is strange to enter two Chinese characters into the First Name columns, and one character into the Last Name. The worst is when it is displayed, like in iPhone, that last name is in bold font, and there is a space between the first and the last. Not necessary at all.
4. When enter English name, no matter for native American/English, or English name for Chinese, follow the tradition to input last name and first name into their columns.
5. For frequently used Chinese name, enter the phonetic first name, and phonetic last name (both iPhone, and Google contact manager support it), so it is sorted correctly as they were native English names. (Update I found out that I only need to change the International setting, and set the language to Chinese Simplified, it will enable iPhone to automatically sort by Pinyin of the corresponding Chinese. No need to input by ourselves).
6. When possible, enter company names – for family members, enter “Family”, and for classmates, enter the class name into company columns.
7. For certain people, enter “journalist” or similar into Title field, so it can be easily sorted out by search (in both iPhone, and Google Gmail contacts).
8. If I cannot recall who the person is from the contact information, I will delete it (well, with backup somewhere).
9. From time to time, ensure the contact information is up to date.
Tips: from time to time, backup your contact information into some secure places.
nice tips …. do you have any advice for managing business cards? I find that in China I can collect over a thousand a year …. I recently scanned my ~1000 ‘most important’ cards by scanning the pages of my card binder, but now i have PDF’s of all the cards … what I dream of is having an app that will simply input the PDF (containing front and back scans of all the cards, with 16 per page) and output a vCard for each one ….. probably way too much to ask but the technology actually seems so simple!!!!!!
I am using a iPhone (paid) application to do the scan and import for me.
We are interested to increase traffic to your website, please get back to us in order to discuss the possibility in further detail.
Let us do the tedious SEO work for you. You know your business, we know SEO. Our rates are some of the most competitive in the industry. We will put in writing that everything we do adheres to all ethical Search Engine Optimization guidelines. At a minimum you owe it to yourself and your business to reply to this email so I can send you more information.
We noticed that you are not at the top of the search engines for a number of your key terms. We have helped companies similar to yours to achieve top organic rankings. Please reply to this message and we will prepare a special proposal for you, to show you how we can achieve similar results for you.
Philadelphia limousine service (www.philly-limo.com) with a large fleet of late model vehicles specializing in airport trips,city tours, weddings, proms and special events.We offer online reservation and our professionals are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to fulfill your Philadelphia area transportation requirements.
Great ways for contact management