Today, Wendy and I have been married for 6 years. Wow! I hear the applause…
It is a tradition between Wendy and I that we will take one day off, and spend the whole day together to celebrate our anniversary. I looked through my previous blog articles, to try to remember what we did before. Although I don’t write down exactly what we did each year, I have a rough idea of the past 5 years.
- March 17, 2003 Marriage Announcement. We got married.
- March 17, 2004 OOB for Wedding Anniversary We went to Sanya, Hainan to celebrate the first anniversary, after buying our car Goudaner.
- March 17, 2005 No blog entry, but we went to the Fengxian Beach of Shanghai.
- March 17, 2006 Report from Search Engine Strategies I was not able to be able to spend the third anniversary with Wendy due to business trip. A pity.
- March 17, 2007 4 Year Anniversary of Wedding – we went to attend Ziheng’s wedding ceremony.
- March 17, 2008 Shanghai Zoo. We took one day off, and visited the Shanghai Zoo together.
So today, both Wendy and I took one day off, and went out of Shanghai.
The Perfect Day
We once planed to have breakfast at Garden Hotel where we hold the wedding ceremony, but we wake up a little bit late, so we had simple but happy breakfast at KFC (oh. I know it is not as romantic as it should be, but it is also very sweet).
Then we drive all the way to Suzhou. We had nice lunch at Wumen Renjia 吴门人家 near Zhuo Zheng Yuan. Interestingly enough, we made a small mistake to have ordered three fat meat dishes. Anyway, we don’t care about adding weight today.
Then, we visited my favorite place in Suzhou – Suzhou Museum by I.M. Pei. I became the tour guide to show Wendy the wonderful architect of the museum.
In the afternoon, we visited Wendy’s favorite area Jinji Lake of Suzhou.
Photograph by Jian Shuo Wang
I will surely use another article to tell you the miracle of Jinji Lake. It is a another modern West Lake in Suzhou. We had Haagen-Daze ice cream, and Japanese food on the Ligongdi of Jinji lake.
At about 8:30 PM, we returned via A11 (1 and half hour drive). We are happy to see Yifan smiling at home.
The Perfect Wendy
I’d like to take the time to thank Wendy for all she has done for me and the family in the last 6 years (actually it is 10 years since we lived together). Wendy is always gentle, nice, smart, caring, and patient… I always think I am the luckiest man to have Wendy, and we fits each other very well.( According to MBTI test, I am an ENFP, and Wendy is an ESTJ.) Wendy, Happy Anniversary.