Driving in Hangzhou is totally a different experience than walking in the city.
- The mountains are near the city and the city is part of the mountain.
- The traffic in east part of the city is good – the winding road in the mountains are wonderful.
- Zhejiang University is nice – it is nice to see startups in ZJU are very active.
- The West Lake is much clearer than before.
- The recent re-construction of south side and east side of West Lake turned Hangzhou is a very decent city for bars and restaurant.
- It is only 168km between Shanghai and Hangzhou (only counting the express way). It took about one and half hour for us to drive back to Shanghai.
what’s the meaning of “startups in ZJU “?
hangzhou has taken place a lot of changes.
it is developing city and gives us surprise.
i like the lake, the mountain, the scene spot in the city.
xihu tiandi is also somewhat decent.
Hi WJS :) How are you these days? Busy as usual I guess! The weather is so hot here now in Shanghai (again!) Hangzhou is such a lovely city! I enjoyed sitting in Starbucks with our friend R.C. and yourself =) Hangzhou is even pretty in the rain! Hope to see you again soon! take care :)
Jian Shuo, I’d love to do Hangzhou with A and you again. That was a blast! Hangzhou is a beautiful city and I really enjoyed seeing Zhezhang University.
Take care — look forward to seeing you soon!
I would love to visit Hangzhou – I was last there in 1992, I bet it’s changed a lot! Any pics? :)
My visit in March this year turned up a few surprises.
The tourist authority decided to add some attractions like tombs of well known literary characters along the Baiti. So I found “tomb of Su Xiaoxiao”, a gifted woman poet and sister of Su Dongpoa. However, I never expected to find the “tomb of Wu Zon”, the classical novel character who killed a tiger with his bare fist.
Yeah.. Hangzhou!! i will come back to u again next year… it sure is a beautiful city and i’m proud to be born in that city :D even i live in copenhagen now.. i will always miss hz!