Hey, I just got the following two comments from the same person today under my article Golarger.com – NET SEND Spamer and Comment Spammer. This guy insisted that I use golarger as free adertisement and the forum I setup is definitely not to help people. He also reported my site to FCC.
GREAT THEY NOT ONLY PISS US OFF AND WASTE OUR TIME……BUT WANT TO CREATE A MAILING LIST FROM THIS COMMENT FORM….I AM WRITING FCC.GOV WITH THIS ASSHOLES IP ADDRESS AND LET THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DEAL WITH HIM.
PEOPLE IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH ANY FORM OF COMMUNICATION WRITE FCC.GOV….THEY ARE VERY RESPONSIVE AND THEY WILL GET THE ABUSERS TO CALL YOU BACK PERSONALLY….
Posted by: jmyjm on April 21, 2003 01:14 PM
PEOPLE, THE REASON THIS GUY HAS A FORUM IS DEFINATELY NOT TO HELP YOU……THIS ASS IS USING “GOLARGER” AS A WAY TO GET FREE ADVERTISING TO HIS SITE..WHY DO YOU THINK HE PAID PREMIUM FOR YAHOO SEARCH LISTING.
Posted by: BRWBRWB on April 21, 2003 01:21 PM
I am very angry
I am very angry when I saw his comment.Actually, I have received some complains on my board asking the spammer to stop sending the spam to them. I am not the spammer. I kept about half of them and delete those with too many dirty words – the words are insulting every reader’s eyes.
However, I never expect to get such comments when I started to discuss about the topic. jmyjm or BRWBRWB (they are the same person) insisted that it was me who send out the NET SEND SPAM to all the people as a way to advertise my site – how can it be possible!!! He even reported the IP address of the web site to FCC – I have to say it is crazy.
I don’t think I need to spare a single word to explain the situation. All the frequent visitors know what the site is for. It is a personal weblog discussing the topics that affects my life and many other people’s lives. Recent topics include SARS, net send spam and MSN Messenger Spam and travel to places like daocheng. There is no commercial content on this site.
But the comments about the evil motivation really let me feel very upset. Why the creative guy has to think I am using Golarger as a way to get free advertisement to my site? Why can he claim that “THE REASON THIS GUY HAS A FORUM IS DEFINATELY NOT TO HELP YOU……”. I cannot think of a worse statement like this.
How this site is related to the a**hole golarger keyword?
OK. ymyjm, if you want to know more details, I can tell you the whole story. It is the simple 7 steps.
- On Sept 23, 2002, I got my first spam pop-up on my own computer screen, I wrote angrily about it in this entry: “Net Send” – Yet Another Type of Spam
- One month and a half later, that is November 7, 2002, I posted the solution to stop net send spam. I even wrote Fighting back for NET SEND SPAM.
- 3 months later, that is on Feb 14, 2003, a person named James left a comment on my previous entry with the following content:
I mean, honestly… www.golarger.com should be the target of the next “Code Red”…
Posted by: James on February 14, 2003 02:25 AM
- Three days later, February 17, 2003, I found many visitors came to my site when search for term “golarger.com” in Google or Yahoo!. I was quite puzzled why people will come to my site for this term. Then I found out the comment James left three days before. So I commented on this event in the entry named Golarger.com – NET SEND Spamer and Comment Spammer. In this entry, I claimed that golarger is not only a net send spamner, but the comment spammer who posted his advertisement on my comment system.
- After sometime, maybe it is because lots of people are complaining to the ISP of Golarger.com, as SImo did, the domain name of golarger.com no longer works. When people type golarger.com, instead of going to the spammer’s website (because it is down), most browsers use search engines to find the best match. Unfortunately, my article on this topic are always as the first record – it is because this site is doing a better job to provide information than the spammer’s site.
- I don’t know why, but the spammer is still sending out the Net Send Spam even when his website is down. So I posted Physical Location of GOLarger.com with satalite photos and hope it can help to stop it.
- Lots of people was outranged when seeing the dialog box, type in golarger.com at address book in his/her browser, and get to my site. They found the comment system before they check the content and wrote down all the dirty words they can think of on the board. Well. I can understand that – they were just careless and didn’t mean to hurt me. But I cannot stand jmyjm’s comment since he obversely checked out the site and know the whole context – his comment is completely insult at me.
There is no advertisement on this site and I don’t sell goods. Why do I need to send the annoying spam to you? Think about it before leave the comment!
I need your support
Actually, you know, it is very discouraging to see comments like this. I threw money to my ISP to rent the hosts and spent quite some time every night – from 23:00 to 24:00 – to keep this site up to date. I am trying to provide the information people needs and try to help people. It is the case for SARS and NET SEND SPAM. But how do you feel if you are misunderstood? How do YOU feel?
Don’t let a single voice bring you and this site down. You can see from the commments on this site that a multitude of people is appreciating you blog – including me! Keep up the good work and stay happy!
Hailing from the land of chocolate/belgium!
I have said this before, and I will say it again, I think this site is brilliant, I applaud your efforts with keeping this site updated, it must take up a lot of your free time. I also think this is the most imformative site I have ever come across too. Please keep up the good work, DO NOT let the person who has upset you affect you personally. It is a shame these things happen, but unfortunatly they do.
Keep up the good work, it is appreciated by me and others, I log on here every day without fail.
I also wish you all the best with your marraige ceremony and wish you and your wife to be all the happiness in your future together.
Thank you for this site
I think this is a great site, and you are doing a real public service by operating it. Unfortunately, on the internet you always find trolls who use the anonymity of the internet to cause problems. The only way to deal with them is to ignore them.
Keep up the good work.
I’d like to thank bert, Sam and Tim for your encouragement. I will not stop. I am just fine now. I have just posted a new entry on SARS – the whold is up-side-down now. There are so many strange things around nowadays.
There are so many people who use the internet to abuse others. It’s really hard to ignore them, they are such ugly people. They aren’t worth bothering with. Please don’t let a bad encounter with a troll ruin your website.
I was hoping to be in Shanghai this month, but decided to postpone my trip due to SARS. I found your site while trying to learn what is happening with SARS. It is very helpful to read your comments. I really hope the SARS problem is resolved!
Thanks marcia for your encouragement. Nice and friendly people like you are always the majority in the world and on the net. I am glad that you postponed your trip to Shanghai. It is safer to stay at home nowadays.
Actually I regretted to put my email address on the list. Because many spammers use programs to parse the email address from pages like this.
Could you change the site so that email addresses are not shown? Thanks
Great suggestion, Xin. I will make changes very soon.
I agree with you about the abd language. I found your site while doing a search for info on SARS in Zhengzhou. Since I will live with my husband in Gong Yi, maybe one day we can have dinner together. Sincerelu, Pam
I am just courious about why you and your husband is going Gong Yi? I know that place since it is just 1 hour’s ride from my hometown in Luoyang. It is a small city.
It’s a nice site, you are doing a great job.
I appreciated it!
Do not be disturbed too much by those misunderstanding.
Still a lot of people support you!
Your site is helpful and interesting.
The internet is full of freaks and wierdos, just ignore the guy who made the complaints.
Big (and hairy) nose.
:-) Yes. Exactly, big nose.
Sorry to read the above about the spam. However, given your information on the “great wall” earier. I found that http://www.gwbn.net.cn is listed as one the the spam sources. About 14 IP addresses belonging to great wall. Check it out.
That may be the reason for your anguish.
Which list did you mention about the spam sources? Thanks.
Can be found @
I see it. So it means GWBN may have been banned my a lot of email server and websites, right? That is bad.
I just see these comments on your site. Don’t pay more attention on these comments. We will keep support you and your site as before. :)
Your site let me know more useful thing and information, thank you very much.