Business trips are boring, especially you have tough assignments and you have to work over time till late to night – return to the hotel and find yourself in a completely empty space without the feeling of reality.
Beijing is not as interesting as it should be if the only time window for you to explore the city is from 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM. It is especially so if there are still a lot stuff in your mind to worry about – the work.
Longest Business Trip
This time, I will be in Beijing for at least two weeks, which is the longest business trip I had so far – even longer than the Seattle trip in 2001. Wendy is having a hard time during my absence since she cannot drive right now. She is learning but it takes time for her to get a license. The car (we call it Goudaner) is nothing more than a big case for her.
A City in a Business Trip
This trip gave me better idea of the mood of my readers. People visiting Shanghai on business trip usaually start their email to me with
- “I am going to visit Shanghai for the first time in Febuary 2005”
and continue with
- “Since I am on business trip and I don’t have much time during the daytime”
Their final question will be
- “Where do you recommend to see in two or three hours at night?”
This is exactly the informaiton I am seeking for in Beijing. I know there is no perfect answer to this question at all.
If someone cannot feel relaxed, no place is right for him/her other than either a desk at office or a bed at hotel.
Eric sent me a map of all Starbucks days before. I am considering to visit all Starbucks in Beijing one by one in one day, as I did in Shanghai. It seems not very possible since I may need to work on technical stuff this weekend. I tell you, I do enjoy reading the white papers and PPTs.
My Previous Beijing Visit
Here is the recording of my previous Beijing visit.
- Arrive in Beijing on Delayed Flight – 5-Jul-2004
- Beijing Impression – 16-Feb-2004
- Business Trips – 11-Feb-2004
- Crystal Clear Beijing – 5-Jul-2004
- Flight from Shanghai to Beijing – 8-Jan-2003
- Hello From Beijing – 8-Feb-2004
- I’ll be Beijing From Feb 8 to Feb 14 – 2-Feb-2004
- New Beijing – 9-Jan-2003
- The World is a Book – Back from Beijing – 10-Jul-2003
- Transit of Beijing Metro – 15-Feb-2004
- Traveled to Beijing with China Eastern Airlines – 7-Sep-2003
- Watch Out Bad Taxi Drivers in Beijing – 11-Feb-2004
BTW, Wangjianshuo in Google Approaches to 10,000
Searching Wangjianshuo in Google and I found there are 9,620 results:
Courtesy of Google.com
It was 9,400 items when I checked the day before yesterday. There is a 200 increase in the last two days. Now the webpages containing wangjianshuo is approaching to 10,000 . Interesting, isn’t it? This is the wealth of linkage currency I have.